Friday, April 16, 2010

My Son … My Heart … My Life

You are the reason am living
You are the breath that I take
You are the stars in my heaven
You are the sun when I wake

Thirty-eight years ago, you came into this world and have been the center of my universe, ever since. I cannot begin to tell you the pure joy you have brought into my life from the first day you were born until the present time. All I have ever done and hope to do, you have been and will be the positive deciding factor.

Handsome, intelligent, loving and caring, you are a “people’s person.” Great son, wonderful husband to your beautiful and precious wife, and a loving a doting father to your two delightful kids, you have proven much more than your weight in gold.

While growing-up, you never gave me any undue problem – never giving-in to peer pressure. Your circle of friends is always well disciplined and respected. Just being the wonderful person you are, you have made a positive impact on your family and friends. You are loved and respected by all who are fortunate to make your acquaintance, and they always referred to you as a gentleman.

I can cite many instances when you have supported me, but the most outstanding one is when you were twelve years old and I received my driver’s license. While I was too nervous to drive, just having you sitting there beside me helped to calm my fears and gave me courage that boosted my confidence. Thank you, my caring son.

With your spiritual beliefs, you attended church regularly for many years and were a member of the choir. Unfortunately, your present job demands week-end work and your church attendance has been limited. However, you are always available to join the choir whenever your baritone voice is needed. Occasionally, you joined the Choir Director for a duet -- she on the recorder and you on the saxophone. How beautiful that blended music sounded.

Your love for music has engendered you to be very proficient in playing jazz, and I was never tired of listening to the beautiful jazz emanating from your saxophone. You are also proficient at playing the piano.

Now an adult, you have become my confidant, when I can discuss certain aspects of my life with you knowing you’ll be fair and impartial. And I am now at peace reveling in the fact that when I depart this world, I’ll leave knowing I have been blessed to have a son so wonderful. Oh, how my heart swells with pride!

So, my darling son, with loving thoughts and prayers, may the Heavenly Father continues to love, guide and protect you and your wonderful family.

Always and Forever,
Your Loving Mom
Stay Blessed, My Darling Son!

No comments:

Post a Comment