Friday, October 22, 2010

Happy “Sweet Sixteen” Birthday! My Precious Ale

[To all my readers: Sorry to be away for a litte while. Below is a poem I wrote for my granddaughter on her Sweet Sixteen Birthday on October 10, 2010.]

Sweet Sixteen? Sweet Sixteen?
Where did the years go?
Is the person sitting here so charming today
All dressed-up and looking so radiantly
Is it really, really you, my Precious, Ale?

The first time I saw you, only one week old
I knew you were a smart and precious child
When you looked at me for a minute or two
And never blinked your eyes not even once
I envisioned your future destined for greatness

From a “cranky” little baby
You’ve grown into a gorgeous young lady
With grace and poise in ample supply
And enormous intelligence you hold so dear
You are now in a class of the privileged few

Reaching sixteen is a cherished milestone
A special time in your wonderful life
As you set your goals to a reachable height
May the path you choose is smoothly paved
Guiding you to a place that is spiritually blessed


The road ahead, by now you know
Will have many pitfalls threatening success
So thrust aside those dreaded fears
Replace them with courage and inner strength
Forbidding any and all adversities

Your fondness for playing the Acoustic Guitar
Is evidence it‘s your instrument of choice
When you strum the strings so gently soft
The music from your artful playing
Is soulfully soothing and heartily pleasing

You will always be my dear “little” Darling
And still be my baby in grown-up disguise
So have no doubt my Precious, Ale
My love for you is without compare
Choose wisely my dear so there won’t be regrets

Sweet Sixteen! Sweet Sixteen! Dearest, Ale
Beautiful candles on your cake
To you I send a Special Birthday wish
With prayers I hope will guide you through
To be with God and may God always be with you


With Love So Caressed In My Warm Embrace
Your Loving & Adoring “Grandma T.”
October 10, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment