My dad was a wonderful father and a great teacher. Through many of his teachings, I learnt many important lessons. This one is about the “foolish” man who thought he had fooled God.
There was a man who desperately wanted a new suit. He was very poor and could not afford to purchase one. So every night before retiring to bed he prayed: “Dear God, if you will help me get a new suit, I will go to church every Sunday.” This prayer went on for quite some time until finally one day he acquired a new suit. After he tried on the new suit and saw how great he looked, he laughed out loud: “ha! ha! ha!” Then he turned his eyes to ceiling of his home and said in a mocking tone: “God I fooled you. I said I would go to church every Sunday, only because I wanted you to help me get a new suit. I bet you didn’t know I was fooling you? ha! ha! ha!”
The scriptures tell us in Psalm 14:1a [KJV]: The fool hath said in his heart, there is no God. In Romans 1:22 [KJV]: Professing themselves to be wise, they become fools.
What a foolish man! So unwise and so unrighteous! He was such a fool to think he had fooled God with his false promise. Unfortunately, there are many who think there is no God and foolishly live in a world of ungodliness.
Lesson: God cannot be fooled. He knows our thoughts before they are manifested in our minds. We should not, for one moment, think our thoughts are totally our own making. God creates us and His presence is in our entire being, whether or not we accept that reality. He gives us our thoughts and sees how best we process them.
“God is able to do immeasurable things, more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us” …… [Ephesians 3:20 - NIV]
There was a man who desperately wanted a new suit. He was very poor and could not afford to purchase one. So every night before retiring to bed he prayed: “Dear God, if you will help me get a new suit, I will go to church every Sunday.” This prayer went on for quite some time until finally one day he acquired a new suit. After he tried on the new suit and saw how great he looked, he laughed out loud: “ha! ha! ha!” Then he turned his eyes to ceiling of his home and said in a mocking tone: “God I fooled you. I said I would go to church every Sunday, only because I wanted you to help me get a new suit. I bet you didn’t know I was fooling you? ha! ha! ha!”
The scriptures tell us in Psalm 14:1a [KJV]: The fool hath said in his heart, there is no God. In Romans 1:22 [KJV]: Professing themselves to be wise, they become fools.
What a foolish man! So unwise and so unrighteous! He was such a fool to think he had fooled God with his false promise. Unfortunately, there are many who think there is no God and foolishly live in a world of ungodliness.
Lesson: God cannot be fooled. He knows our thoughts before they are manifested in our minds. We should not, for one moment, think our thoughts are totally our own making. God creates us and His presence is in our entire being, whether or not we accept that reality. He gives us our thoughts and sees how best we process them.
“God is able to do immeasurable things, more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us” …… [Ephesians 3:20 - NIV]

No comments:
Post a Comment