The following excerpt taken from the book: “Six Hours One Friday “
By Max Lucado -- Pastor of Writing and Preaching
[This is what Max Lucado wrote about a San Antonio lawyer that prompted him to ask the question: When I get What I Want ...Will it Worth The Price I Paid?]
“Perhaps those were the thoughts of a San Antonio Lawyer I read about recently. Successful, well paid with a new wife and a remodeled house. But apparently it wasn’t enough. One day, he came home, took a gun out of his vault, climbed into a sleeping bag, and took his life. His note to his bride read, “It’s not that I don’t love you. It’s just that I’m tired and I want to rest.”
My thoughts when I read this sad incident:
This lawyer’s note said he was tired and wanted to rest. But could it be his life was unfulfilled because he acquired only material wealth and no spiritual wealth? Was there an empty void in his life and he did not know how to fill it? If all that was true, then It was obvious that he probably was not very religious. It the latter was true, he would have heeded Jesus’ words. In Matthew 11 verses 28 and 29, Jesus said: “Come to me all ye that labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn of me, for I am meek and lowly in heart and ye shall find rest unto your souls.” How unfortunate that this lawyer did not know to take his burden to the Lord and ask Him for spiritual guidance. Instead, he ended his life saying he was tired and believed, in death, he would find ultimate rest.
The lesson I gleaned from this sad incident:
If we have faith in God, firmly believe in Jesus Christ, follow His teachings, and take our burdens to Him, in constant, earnest prayers, He will lighten our load. We will never be tired. We will find rest in our souls.
By Max Lucado -- Pastor of Writing and Preaching
[This is what Max Lucado wrote about a San Antonio lawyer that prompted him to ask the question: When I get What I Want ...Will it Worth The Price I Paid?]
“Perhaps those were the thoughts of a San Antonio Lawyer I read about recently. Successful, well paid with a new wife and a remodeled house. But apparently it wasn’t enough. One day, he came home, took a gun out of his vault, climbed into a sleeping bag, and took his life. His note to his bride read, “It’s not that I don’t love you. It’s just that I’m tired and I want to rest.”
My thoughts when I read this sad incident:
This lawyer’s note said he was tired and wanted to rest. But could it be his life was unfulfilled because he acquired only material wealth and no spiritual wealth? Was there an empty void in his life and he did not know how to fill it? If all that was true, then It was obvious that he probably was not very religious. It the latter was true, he would have heeded Jesus’ words. In Matthew 11 verses 28 and 29, Jesus said: “Come to me all ye that labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn of me, for I am meek and lowly in heart and ye shall find rest unto your souls.” How unfortunate that this lawyer did not know to take his burden to the Lord and ask Him for spiritual guidance. Instead, he ended his life saying he was tired and believed, in death, he would find ultimate rest.
The lesson I gleaned from this sad incident:
If we have faith in God, firmly believe in Jesus Christ, follow His teachings, and take our burdens to Him, in constant, earnest prayers, He will lighten our load. We will never be tired. We will find rest in our souls.

No comments:
Post a Comment